Winamp is officially back and new version is available for download. Winamp 5.8 comes with improved Windows 10 compatibility. The world’s favourite audio player Winamp was sold by AOL to Radionomy in 2014 and new company promised to keep app alive. After 4 years, Winamp is back with bang.
Winamp 5.8 is not big update but it marks comeback of world’s popular and famous media player.The company is working hard on a revamped Winamp experience and a mobile app. Next big update could arrive in 2019
What’s new in Winamp 5.8
- Support for Windows Audio (WASAPI) Output plug-in added.
- You can completely disable Winamp’s video support and use it as standalone audio player.
- Update has added auto-fullscreen option to video prefs.
- OpenMPT-based Module Player has replaced old MikMod player.
- You can use Ctrl+E editor to browse the path and edit title functions easily in Winamp.
- Winamp now has a player list feature and it’s available in Bento and Modern skins.
Winamp comes with a couple of skins (themes) that would change its default appearance. The standard look is busy but there are several interesting features.Winamp runs fine on Windows 10. You can download Winamp from the official website